I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Monday, April 25, 2005

The Gallery - where I work

I thought it might be a good idea for everyone to see where I work. Artists Harbour Gallery is a wonderful space set in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. It is a grade 1 listed building. We will have been open for one year in June. Apart from the gallery space, there is also an art and card shop. Behind the scenes, apart from being an absolute bomb site, there is a framing area with state of the art equipment and a giclee printing service. (I hope you can see the photos to go with this entry). I work with some fantastic people. My boss is the most disorganised man I have ever met...which doesn't make for good business. Just by looking at his desk you can see what I mean. We are all trying to steer him in the right direction and it is a tough battle because 'he is always right'- apparently!

I showed Julian, my colleague, my blog today....just to show him a photo. He got quite absorbed in my diary which was nice. He wanted to make a comment but it wouldn't work for him so he made me remember it so I could put it in somewhere..so here it is..

Julian says, "If I don't start looking after myself instead of looking after others, I will definately go grey sooner than expected!"

He is a mature and wise man.....but I make my own decisions!!!!!

Today work has been good. Am getting lots done and trying not to worry too much about the things that aren't going so well. Feel as Marketing Manager I am responsible if things aren't working out, but really, I have done the best I can and somethings just don't happen the way you'd like.

I have talked to some great people today as well. Meeting people in all forms is one of the perks of my job - and life really. So I would love it if people responded to my blog....would like to meet new friends from all over the world.

Sweet dreams y'all....good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home