I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Day out at Hayling Island with family

Today, it was my day off and I had decided already to spend the day at Hayling Island with my sister, mum, nieces and Nan in the evening. First I had to travel to North End to my parents shop where my sister would pick us up.

I got to the shop to be warned that my ma had started smoking again and that she was very upset because my sister had given her a hard time the night before because on Saturday, when she was meant to be babysitting, she had taken too many pills again which makes her appear and act drunk. Warning..do not ever take Volterol..especially too many. It is awful to see the side effects.

Anyway, my ma was looking for my sympathy which I don't give unless deserved. I told her Helen was right to be very angry and upset. How can she feel relaxed leaving her kids with someone who cannot be trusted and is not stable? So they had it out again in the car... the frustrating thing for my sister and I is that my mum just does not know how to listen...she will agree with everything you say but you know it is not going in...this is very frustrating and is one of the reasons why I do not see my mum that often.

I don't think my sister has a great social life and I thought it would be a good idea to download MSN Messenger for her so that we could chat more. So while my mum and her cried and discussed the same old shit, Anna and I went to the study to continually fail to download messenger!!!! But we had fun together!

They patched things up and then Helen went off to the hairdressers. Mum and I took Anna to the beach and park just so we could all hang out together in the fresh air. Helen came back with Emily, my 7 yr old niece later on . It was good to be with all my family and getting along!
Emily then went off to tap classes and to give my sis a break I walked down to the church hall to pick her up. On the way back we came across my brother in law, Steve, who picked us up and took us home.
Having my nieces is a wonderful thing..but at the same time, it makes me realise that right now I am not maternal and am glad to hand them back at the end of the day-don't get me wrong, I love them to bits...but all day everyday would destroy me as a person.
Maybe that would change over time.

In the evening Ma and I walked to my nan's where we stayed a couple of hours before my dad came over and picked us up. So here I am at home writing my blog...It's Mark's birthday tomorrow. He will be 38. That seems scary to me now. The age gap seems more prevelant now, and I don't know why. Thank god he doesn't look his age, but then again, I've been told I don't look mine!

Am off to have my tea now, pasta in tomato sauce....could so fancy prawns right now!

See y'all soon..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home