I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Friday, April 29, 2005

Mark's birth day! April 28

Well yesterday it was Mark's birthday and he was 38! Everybody gave money except one special lady...more later!

Work was good. Had to get away early though as I needed to buy new clothes. It turns out that the bug I had has made me drop 2 clothes sizes and I literally had nothing to wear except jeans, and that isn't the right gear in a gallery!. So just after 5pm I got on my bike and headed for Southsea shopping precinct. It poured down! I got drenched and the bloody lock on my bike was playing up. However, I walked into Debenhams to be greeted with a wonderful, old familiar aftershave smell that took me back down a happy memory lane.

From that point I knew I was going to be ok. As you are aware I hate clothes shopping but this took on a new life...a very quick one! Within half an hour I had bought 3 pairs of trousers, a skirt and 2 tops. Now all I need is new shoes...but another day. From there I went to the hairdressers. The best feeling is when someone massages your scalp..I could have stayed having my hair washed for hours. Anyway after a cut and blow dry I got back on my bike and cycled home in the wet! Hair ruined but hey...it was good to be pampered.

Started to prepare dinner for when Mark and Ulri got back from bodypump and my dad would arrive. Thai red curry....delicious!

When they came home we went out and bought a bottle of champagne...although Mark wasn't keen to celebrate, we all sang 'happy birthday' and drank the champas! Back to the special lady and the pressie....Mark was waiting at the top of the stairs outside the classroom at the gym. Who comes up the stairs brandishing a bouquet of flowers but Ulri...not only that, she had got Mark's spinning trainer to join her so they could wish him happy birthday in front of everyone...how sweet was that?!!

Dinner was fun and I think that Mark actually enjoyed himself! He called me at work during the day to say he had read my blog and had learnt alot about me. I have to say that that took me back a bit and got me thinking...does there come a time when you stop trying to get to know a person and just BE with the person? We have been together 12 years and obviously our relationship has changed, it would be impossible not to. But did we stop really talking and just start 'living' alongside each other and if so when did that start? We share the same house, bed, food etc, but is that what being together for life is.....being comfortable living side by side? No one has anyone, or thing to compare this too. Does anyone else have a view on this? Blog is certainly making me question myself more. Mark is a wonderful person and we are very well suited....but what will our relationship be like in 10 years time...will it have changed or is this 'comfort zone' what marriage is all about? Who knows...who cares...que sera, sera!

Signing off now. See y'all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for me it is living with the woman i love and miss when i dont see, the
woman who makes me cry when i write this because i never want to be without
her. Yes i do believe sometimes we are to casual about our life, the
stresses of the day do come home at times. I am learning we need to live
more, do more, talk more.

10:47 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home