I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Settled in to new cottage

Well I have now moved in to my little cottage with Dale and I must say, we get on great. He is a very intelligent, creative guy and we have some really good conversations in the evenings. We can even slag off work and our bosses. The cottage is lovely too although we have had one problem after another which are taking time to resolve. In the meantime we are holding out on paying rent.

When I was moving in, my old neighbour, Robbie, from when I lived on Hayling, walked past. It was a shock for both of us. His office is literally backed on to our courtyard! I have sworn him to secrecy about my move because if one person finds out on Hayling then the whole bloody island will know and I do not want my Nan finding out. It would destroy her. Last night I found a card through my door from him which was really sweet. On my way back from shopping I noticed he was in his office and so popped my head in to say thanks. He showed me out the back and 2 seconds later I am at my cottage!! We have exchanged numbers so I can let him know if I am around for a cuppa now and again. I have known him all my life, literally!! And we were all very close neighbours too, playing in the fields behind the house, going swimming after school and doing the fun fair on a Thursday evening when the rides were half price. Every Nov 5 we would all build a huge bonfire in the field and organise fire works. They were really good happy, carefree days. Now he has a wife and twins and works 8.30 til 7pm 5 or 6 days a week. How things change!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home