I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Friday, July 29, 2005

Independent Theresa

I feel a new chapter in my life is happening and I have realised now that I actually really like my name and would prefer to be called that from now on if I am introduced to new people. I don't expect my close friends to use it...I just want a fresh start with fresh people as it were.


I like living on my own. Actually, I love it. I have been so dependent on other people for so long and I think it was just laziness more than anything. Now I have set up my own computer, changed the shade on my bedroom light, just small things, but small steps bla bla bla!! lol. I do still do most of the cooking for me and Dale but that is my choice and it is always nicer than cooking for one. Besides I love showing off my culinary skills. The other day he said he loved me and would marry me just for my cooking!!! How sweet. Need to fatten the guy up anyway.

It was his birthday last week which can prove a bit of an emotional time for reasons that are just plain private. What we did discuss though is how alone we both feel sometimes. All his friends are up North and he will no longer be a student, so in effect he is losing friends. Lets be honest, how many of us keep in touch with our student flat mates once we have left college? I on the other hand seem to be dwindling in friends. I have certainly gained a valuable couple of friends, but I have also lost a couple of what I thought were good friends....well they don't contact me any more and I know they are very much in touch with Mark still. I must be the bitch from hell as far as they are concerned! Does up set me though as I have been there for them in times of trouble.

So Dale and I are becoming very close, supporting each other. I really enjoy his company. I get him!! I understand where he is coming from especially with his creativity. We have been putting together his portfolio, and I feel very priveleged to be helping him mount his work cause I think it is brilliant! The man just does not know how to take compliments though. He quietly told me that his tutor had said he should be doing a Masters not a degree because his writing was so brilliant....and I have only seen his graphic art!! Multi-talented or what? Some people don't get him for that reason...he is just bloody intelligent and it is their loss if they don't see that.

Although I am working all weekend, I always get that Friday feeling and look forward to it very much. Most evenings of late, if I have not been chatting with Dale I am in my room listening to music on my computer with the headphones he has lent me. I stand in front of the mirror and boogie my ass off!! I think I am re-living my teenage years again...and not having to worry about others for a change. (minus the hair brush microphone!) Selfish Theresa is my new name and selfish I will be!!! It is new to me and positive to me too.

Take care y'all

9 Comments:

Blogger Dom said...

Things change, people change. The right people will be there at the right time for you. Just as you have been for others. Hope you have a fantastic week-end.

3:32 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like being on my own too, although I do need to learn how to cook because the few things I eat are going to get old really fast. And I won't know about friends until I go public in a few weeks who's going to stand by me. But I don't miss people who are so selfish that they can't accept me and obviously never cared for me the way I thought they did.

So is it tur-EE-zah or is it tur-EH-zah? I like the second one :)

4:10 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

Actually it is tur ee sssss a . I hated the way people said it with a z and no 'h' which is why i turned to Terri in the first place. If you say it how they do in Spanish or French etc, then it is truely beautiful.

You will soon find out who your real friends are Michelle. Those that turn thier back on you were not really true friends at all. We are both discovering that!

4:15 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:15 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

Ulri, good to hear from you. As ever you have put me in my place, and rightly so. I really hope you are right. I really do.

Take care
Theresa

8:11 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh!! Are you on about the same Dale, you can't be? ;)

Change inevitably causes disruptions... its not always a bad thing

1:28 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

That's the Dale I love so much....can always take a compliment!!!

tu es un grand camarade de maison

2:20 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you saying my arse is as big as a house? GGGRR

3:38 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

You are one of the funniest people I know of late Dali. You really crack me up...which is a very good thing. Keep it up.

Te quiero a hombre

3:41 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home