I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Tribute to Grandpa

I have never had a Grandpa before and I was fortunate to fall dotingly in love with Dom's Grandpa, who was said to be a grumpy what-not. Well we hit it off straight away, thanks for my dirty sense of humour...and luckily I got away with it!

Well, Easter weekend, he passed away at the grand old age of 95. He had just had a shower, given by a lovely Asian lady, who then put him in his favourite chair where he slept and never woke up. Now what a way to go!

We are all going to his funeral in Somerset on Friday to pay our last respects. I believe that the front cover of the service will be of the picture above, representing the oldest and the newest member of the Stancombes. Isn't that a lovely idea? We are very honoured that Meg got to meet her great, great Grandpa.

Sweet dream Grandpa....hope the next life brings you peace and tranquility.

x x x x x

3 Comments:

Blogger Dom said...

Thank you for writing such a touching tribute. I'm glad we all go time with him. Gone, but never forgotten...

11:16 am

 
Blogger Paul said...

Sympathies and all the best to all of you. Nice tribute and nice photo. A time of passing is always met with mixed responses, but as you say, what a way to go...

4:40 pm

 
Blogger Mima said...

Tessa, I haven't looked at your blog for so long. The posting on grandpa made me cry. I still can't quite believe it. Maybe because i'm overseas. Such a fantastic photo. Mima x

3:50 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home