I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Saturday 24 April at the gallery

Although it is Sunday morning I really want to write about yesterday as it was such a good day for the gallery. Because it is set within the Portsmouth dockyard it can be very seasonal trade. However, the banners for the outside of our colonnades went up 2 days ago (has taken over 6 months to happen) and now that they are up, people are flooding in and spending money. This is a very new business and my bosses have spent a shit load of money to make this work.I can see a turning point ahead. Slight problem though...because our building is grade 1 listed we are limited to what we can put up without ruining the 'appearance' of the building. Not only that, we are not allowed to drill in to any brick walls - only the mortar. Added to that, the main boss of the dockyard has said the banners need to come down. What I say to that is 'FUCK YOU!' They are staying up. Our trade has quadrupelled since they've gone up. Sometimes I feel we are banging our heads against a brick wall....but I am not giving up.

After work Ulri and John came round for nachos and drinks - hers being tea!! She and I had a very interesting web chat with Dom which I have to say probably made him slightly embarrassed. Ulri and I are very good at turning on the girlie 'lesbo' insinuations at times.....we have so much fun - at others expense!!! Sorry Dom!! Hope you have stopped blushing by now....
Nachos were delicious. Mark does the best nachos...home made salsa and guacamole makes all the difference!
So a pleasant night was had by all. Now I am off to work at the gallery...am looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a good day today as well. See y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home