I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Greek Wedding in Eastbourne

I was invited by my friend to a wedding of his bestfriend, Matina. It was in Eastbourne and a true Greek Orthodox wedding. And no, there were no plates thrown but there was rice thrown at the bride and groom while in the church....as a result everyone had to be careful how they exited the church in case of going arse over tit.

The wedding was a very emotional occassion for me...and to be honest, I never even thought about it until the priest starting going on about marriage being for life and those that don't follow that are sinners. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes. I am not a bad person, but I sure felt that way when he starting preaching.

The people around me were very supportive, especially Paul and Leza. They are a fantastic couple and I hope to spend more time with them in the future. Hugs are very important for me and they were there to offer them. At the reception dinner, when Matina came over looking beautiful and reminding us that this was the happiest day of her life, I just had to get out of there and go to my hotel room and cry for England. I guess it is still raw for me..I didn't realise how raw and I know these feelings will carry on regardless, everytime I go to a wedding. Even my sister said how she was on her way to a wedding the other day, supposedly the happiest day of your life, and a song came on that reminded her of Mark and I and she just burst into tears. Ironic!It's no one's fault...emotions are not to be judged....they just are. Whether you are angry or sad because of what someone has said or done, doesn't mean your emotions are wrong or right...they just are, and no one should judge. No one can help the way they feel.

Anyway, Eastbourne is great. The young are outnumbered 100:1! No wonder my nan, 89, thinks it's the dogs b*****ks! I have never ever seen so many old life-drained people in one place in all my life. Kind of makes you think - you do not want to be like that when you are old. Apart from the old people thing though, the weather was stunning for the 3 days and I enjoyed the break immensely. Beautiful walks were to be had and the best evening ever in a Belgium restaurant, eating moules and drinking lovely white wine in a wonderful setting with wonderful company. Couldn't have been happier.

At dusk, the light by the seaside was stunning and 2 hours were spent taking photographs. I am so excited that I have finally got back into being creative again. For over a year I have been surrounded by creativity but not had the chance or the inclination to be inspired to actually do anything about it! I am rather pleased at the results too and am in the process of setting up a photo blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dom said...

It was an emotional week-end for all of us. We got through it though and are stronger for it. Yay us!

10:52 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home