I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Settling in.

The weekend was a long one with all the packing and unpacking etc, but by Sunday evening we were 90% there. I have been told to chill for the next two weeks and then am off to Barcelona for a week anyway. The last two days I have been pottering and watching 6 hours of the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. Have seen it so many times over the years. One of my close friends, Shukwai, used to ring me up on a wet winter's day and suggest we spend the afternoon snuggled in front of the tv watching it! I miss her......

Anyway, I have not watched TV for 6 months now so this was a huge feat for me. Over the week I have been getting a chest infection and knew that the best thing I could do was to rest anyway. People keep telling me I am going to burn myself out with all the stresses and strains I have been under. But I know as soon as I stop, I will become ill which is probably half the reason why I don't. Infact, I don't think I actually know how to chill. Always feel I should be doing something and feel guilty if I don't. How do I change this state of mind which has been with me for nearly 33 years now?

I have alot of little things to do, now I have moved: sort out new doctors, let my old dentist know I am not coming back and find another, sort out new addresses on all paperwork.....is there anything else you can think of? With my head so fuzzy, it is hard to think. Period! oh yeah...divorce! how could I forget that!

Last night, everyone was contacting me at once...3 people in fact. Don't you just love technology? Mobile phone goes off, my sister is on ISM and the land line is ringing!!! Amazingly I can answer all three!! But my immediate priority was the mobile. It was Jude!!!! Was so excited to hear from her. We have been out of contact really since she left Artists Harbour at the end of June. She was starting a new, highly stressful job and I knew that it would be tough, and the travel would keep her time occupied. Anyway, she called on her way home from work. Now she is living in Battersea which makes me very excited because I don't know many people up here as yet and am a little frightened of becoming a hermit and losing the self confidence I have built up over the last year. We had a long chat and as her day off is on Friday, we are going to meet for coffee and possibly a few drinks in the evening....see how this chest thing goes. But it is good we have made contact.

Ulrika is also back in England for a few days -to hand in her MA. (Well done girl!! Very proud of you!) She has been staying with Mark but is coming up to London on Thursday and Friday so we have arranged to meet for coffee on Friday at 10.30. It has been nearly 3 months since I last saw her in Stockholm and many things have changed since then. It will be good to catch up as we really have not been incommunicado in that time. It must be very difficult to be in her situation, trapped between 2 friends. But I know she has been a very good friend to me over the 3 years and I hope this awkward situation will eventually dissolve and we can continue to be good friends.

Anyways, that's long enough chilling!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home