I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Build up to the funeral

It has been confirmed that my Nan's funeral is to be at Portchester Crematorian on Monday 18th February at 10.45am. Her ashes will be placed together with a plaque at St. Mary's Church on Hayling Island. Some people have asked me to let them know all this so they can have her in their thoughts at that time, which I think is lovely.

It has been quite stressful so far. With all the family being quite scattered, as usual communication is misunderstood sometimes. We have had difficulties finding the birth certificate and her National Insurance Number. My mum sorted all her clothes last Sunday and my sister took them to the Salvation Army clothes bank. The next day an Aunt was ringing up asking for clothes for Nan to wear in the coffin! We had to laugh!

I am going through all Nan's paperwork and shredding old - make that ancient - bills! I've sorted a few of her cupboards and got rid of a hundred tea towels....she was such a hoarder! Now it has been left to me to design the Order of Service, which I have done with honour and pride. I haven't used In Design for a few years but I think I have done it well. The photo above is the one I am using on the front cover. She looks very cheeky! She always had a cheeky smile and a wonderful laugh. It's still hard but it's getting better. I am dreading the funeral.

Take care x x x

4 Comments:

Blogger  Jess said...

Make her funeral a celebration of her life!!! Try to be upbeat if you can, smile, and laugh, she would want you to do that!!!

1:59 pm

 
Blogger  Jess said...

Terri, how are you holding up? Are you ok? Jess

1:07 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

I'm fine Jess, thank you. Think about my nan every day but know she is in a better place now.

Terri x x x

11:35 am

 
Blogger  Jess said...

Hey Terri are you going to blog again? I miss reading your life!!!

2:01 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home