I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My favourite lady has passed away

Yesterday, Tuesday February 5th around 5pm my dearest Nan had a cardiac arrest and passed away. My sister went round there and opened the window to release her soul. We had been to see her on Saturday as it had been a while since I had been to Portsmouth. We thought how well she looked considering all the problems she has been through of late. But Sunday she was complaining of chest pains and wasn't feeling too well. Monday night my parents went to see her and mum said she didn't look good.

At 92 years of age this lovely lady had had a long life and for the last year we have all felt that she is better off in a home. Nan was on a waiting list but ironically was waiting for someone to pass away to have a room. But I know deep down, Nan wanted to stay in her flat forever.... and that is what she got. She was a determined old bugger, tight with herself and tough as old boots....and I loved her so very much. Growing up I spent most weekends with her. We'd bake together and do all sorts of things. She was so good to me. I am going to miss her so much. This morning my sister said there was a red butterfly outside on her windowsill. My Nan loved butterflies. I hope she is a butterfly now. Be at peace Nan. I hope you can see us all now and enjoy your new life. Take care. I love you Nan x x x

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless our very special Nan... she was indeed a very strong and determined soul and that is how she had survived to the tender age of 92 years....

She will be desparately missed by Us all in different ways and will leave a big gap in our lives...
I know that my girls', in particular Emily, will miss her very much, she was always so lovely with Nan, so very patient and very thoughtful and kind and nan loved that in her....

Children bring a lot of joy and love to people and Nan always had that from Us and her great-grandchildren.

God bless you Nan, may you rest in peace and re-join all those that you have loved and lost over the years and be happy ....

p.s say Hi to Paul, our very special cousin who was taken far too young xxxxxx

love you lots xxxxxxxx
Helen, Steve, Emily and Anna xxxx

1:48 pm

 
Blogger Dom said...

She may be gone physically, but will never be forgotten. I think what you've both written is beautiful. Try and remember her as you were with her last - happy, adoring of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

She will be missed by all those whose life she touched.

Dom

7:15 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read about lovely Nan. What a great lady she was! Hope you and your family and your parents are well.

Ulrika xxxx

4:03 pm

 
Blogger  Jess said...

Oh Terri I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you...hugs, Jess

1:58 pm

 
Blogger Mischa said...

I'm very sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

1:26 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home