I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

End of week seven

Well this week has been a very busy week. Tuesday night I did my cookery cause whereby I boned and marinated a rainbow trout and then cooked a delicious roast hazelnut chocolate torte. Wednesday eve I went out with a couple of girlfriends to Pizza Express and then on to the cinema to see Slum Dog Millionaire which was fantastic, if a little cringing at times. I went for some blood tests because of my thyroid and so far I haven't heard back so I can only assume that all is well. I am feeling great. Sometimes a little tired but no nausea still and am sleeping extremely well. Meg is being a superstar, such a little girl now. The time will be perfect when number two arrives.

Saturday was a huge DIY day. We ordered some gorgeous oak furniture for the lounge and am expecting a large resin shed this Thursday. Dom moved some plants around and planted a few extra; he put up a new shower carrier and dismantled Meg's cot to become a bed whilst rearranging her room.
This was a big moment for Meg and on Saturday night we were in fits of laughter listening to her thumping around in her bedroom. We found it so hard not to laugh when going to see her to tell her to get back into bed. By 9pm we'd had enough. The threat of the naughty step did the trick and since then she has stayed in her bedroom, even in the mornings! We hear her reading her books and playing musical instruments but she won't leave until we come and get her. Such a lovely girl. It's nice she has her own space now too.

Meg is into big long kisses and cuddles at the minute. My parents came up for the day on Sunday and nothing made them more proud than when she said 'I love you Nanny'. We had a lovely day. Dom took Alf to the driving range to bang a few balls in the morning and then we all went to 'Holland House' in the afternoon which is a grade two listed building inside, full of fantastic furniture and art from the arts and crafts movement. We then went for a walk in Oaks park just down the road.
Later, I cooked an awesome meal followed by the hazelnut and choc torte I made on Tuesday. It all went down a storm. It was lovely having the family up. When the weather gets better, Alf will bring my nieces and sister up with them. Looking forward to that.

What a lovely day yesterday, Monday, was. Meg had a fab time at the childrens centre running around in the open. In the afternoon we had her swimming lessons which quite frankly, I dread. Half the time she decides she doesn't want to do it. But this time she was fabulous. She did everything and she did it well. I was so proud of her. It's wierd but each stage of her life I look at her and think, she can't get any better than this, but as each month goes by I realise she can and I love her even more.

On that note.......take care
Theresa

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dom said...

It's been another great week. Am glad we're getting things organised and can' wait to spend the Summer in the garden!

9:29 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home