I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Monday, September 26, 2005

My first real weekend in London




This weekend has been my first proper weekend settled into my new home. I have had a very lazy/pottering sort of week, as I have been ill. But this weekend has been brilliant.

On Saturday afternoon, the landlord and I went into the centre of London to do one of the walks listed in a book. It was the Bloomsbury walk which ventured across parks, burial grounds, important land marks of our history and even the famous Great Ormond Street Hospital. It was a fabulous walk that took about an hour and a half, as we were photographing key points that the landlord will put on his blog. What was so great about this walk, and I look forward to doing many more, was that we went down streets and areas that you would just never find in London. There are some magnificent squares and houses in the area and I felt privileged to have discovered the unknown heart of a piece of London.

It was very tiring and took alot out of both of us. Saturday night was just a lazy chilled night in front of the t.v curled up on the sofa. I must have been shattered as I fell asleep downstairs by about 10 watching Born Supremecy!

Besides, the next day was an early rise as we were going to do the Smartie Run (Landlord owns smart car). I packed a picnic and we headed for Thorpe Park - the meeting place for all the cars. Never have I seen so many smarties in all of my life! The effort some people had put into customising their babies was incredible. One had orange fur all over it!! We all headed for the Brighton race course, the official finish. Boxes of sickly donuts were being given away which was cool....if you like sickly donuts - which land lord does! After an hour or so we drove home, hooting the horn and waving at any other smart car! It was good cameraderie!

It was a tiring day and so we finished by having a roast lamb dinner followed by flopping on the sofa, watching a DVD.


So what's it like living with the new landlord?

We have had minor teething problems and a few adjustments have had to be made on all sides, but on the whole it is a very pleasant atmosphere and good place to live. I am teaching landlord to 'chill' a little bit and not care so much if something is slightly out of place -especially as there are three of us now! Give him his due, considering he has lived all alone in a batchelor pad for the last 5 years, he is being extremely open minded to everything.....that takes alot to do. I have total respect for him and am truely thankful that he has taken us in. I only hope it may continue....

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

I have now put pics up so you can see what a smart car looks like!!!

I can only assume Shannon that you have a sweet tooth ; )

You stay in a very nice area of London Do you come over regularly on business? what is it you do exactly?

8:42 am

 
Blogger Dom said...

... it will continue. And get better. Promise.

11:13 am

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

Dom, I have no doubt it will....it gets better by the day.

3:20 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home