I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Thursday, September 29, 2005

What a great day - Wednesday 28th Sept turned out to be!

First thing this morning, I got up and switched on the computer to check emails etc. There was one from Mark, headed 'divorce'. For some reason my heart starts beating faster and as I read it, I realise how easy and emotionally detatched the process can be. He writes that he has almost filled in the forms but needs date(s) and place(s) of my adultery! Now although we were seperated when I met my new partner, in the eyes of the Law, I am still technically married. Mark and I are still very amicable about the whole thing which is brilliant and we have both agreed that the best thing would be to get this divorce over and done with sooner than later so we can both move on in our new lives. Admitting adultery is the only way to do this as Mark has not done anything to harm me in anyway. We would have to wait 2 years otherwise and neither of us wants that.

He also asks me for a cheque for £210 for the divorce costs. Now in one way I think...cheeky bastards, will take money off you any which way they can and on the other hand I think, '£210 - is that all our marriage was worth?' Trying to sort this cheque out is proving harder than I thought. Am trying to change my address details with a local branch and spent an hour and a half yesterday, walking up and down Oxford Street, trying to find a bloody Nationwide. Never happened in the end! Will have to try somewhere else today.

In the afternoon, after going into London city on my own for the first time in my life (huge thing for me), I met up with Dom and we went to the matinee of the musical 'We Will Rock You'. We had free tickets as his friend Jules, was one of the leading roles. It was amazing. The cast was fantastic and the live sound of Queen just blew me away. It's not until you go and see a show like that do you realise just how diverse and brilliant, ney, geniuous Queen truely were. We met up with Jules and her boyfriend, Lewis, at the stage door and then went for a drink to catch up. What a character she is - true east londoner....loved her!

After that Dom and I went to Belgos, a wonderful belgium restaurant where we had a lovely bottle of wine and tai mussels!! Yum yum. I was beat by then so we got on the tube and headed home. I went straight to bed. Was a long day for me.

The previous night we had met up with Dom's best friend Aaron and girlfriend Liz at their place in Kingston. What a lovely area, right by the river. We went for a few drinks and naturally the girls started talking to eachother while the boys talked, you guessed it - SPORT!! Liz works in publishing and thinks there maybe a job on a new magazine called 'She'. The job is assistant Homes Editor helping with shoots and ideas for rooms - would be right up my street. So need to work on the CV today. I have an advantage in the sense that they have not advertised the position yet and Liz is Adminstration Manager and can pull alot of weight. The other advantage is that she really likes and is apparently a very good judge of character....so you never know!


Anyways, that's long enough. Am off out tonight to meet aload more friends of Dom. So far they have all been extremely lovely people and I look forward to spending more time with them. We are going to the Boot and Flogger again to have port, red wine and tapas....good practise for Barcelona on Saturday. CAN'T WAIT!

Take care y'all

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, a perfect night on the town. I had mussels the last time I was in London too ;)

2:54 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

Shannon, he is not making me pay for it. At the minute I have the bank book for the shared account so I am the one having to write the cheques. Mark is a very good guy and hopefully this will remain very amicable.

11:45 am

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

thank god it wasn't Tyson!!! lol

2:53 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home