I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Am back from Barcelona!

I arrived back in the early hours of Sunday morning after a wonderful week in the beautiful city of Barcelona. I have been there before with college about 10 years ago but had forgotten just how alive this city is. I stayed in an apartment about 10 minutes walk from the Rambla in the gothic part of the city. It was such a central location to be in, 2 minutes walk from the Arc de Triomphe. I probably walked in the region of 70 miles over the week. The weather was so beautiful that it would have been a shame to miss out on the stunning architecture against the bluest of skies had I been underground on the tubes! As you can see from the pictures below, the food and markets were just out of this world. It was a good opportunity to blag my spanish too! (Hablo un poco!) The wines were to die for too and somehow 10 bottles of goooood Rioja managed to come home with me aswell as lots of chorizo and other salamis! I have come home feeling very relaxed and chilled but also very sad...I can't explain it. I have cried twice now, quite intensely. Maybe being relaxed has just let me get it all out. But now reality is here. I am heading down to Portsmouth on Wednesday and returning Friday sometime. If any of you want to catch up with me then please let me know. Would love to have a cuppa or something stronger with my pals. I will stay at my parents house on Wednesday night in Portsmouth and then on Thursday night will be at my sisters on Hayling. If any of you can sqeeze me in for an hour that would be great!




2 Comments:

Blogger Dom said...

Great pics, great food, great company. Thank you.

12:33 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

Consider the rioja poured, Shannon - and drunk!

Shame you couldn't be in Portsmouth - bit much to ask I guess!

6:59 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home