I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Monday, October 17, 2005

The weekend

It is so nice not having to work weekends anymore, knowing that you can do things with other people who also have this time off! On Saturday, I went into London city with Dom to do one of the London walks - the Lamberth walk to be precise (Oi!). I find these walks fascinating and feel I am getting to know the real London this way. Although I had stomach cramps to die for, this did not deter me from enjoying the walk. We net up with Dom's Finnish friends, Nina and her husband Mico in the mid afternoon along the southbank and headed for this beautiful Turkish restaurant where you sat on tiny, tiny chairs at tiny, tiny tables. Are the turkish people very short? The food and wine was great. It looked like the turkish army had got a weekend off to come and cook our dinners! They were all wearing this military looking uniform with hats to match!

After dinner we went to the Anchor for drinks. It's very touristy, located on the southbank but was still very good. We said good bye to Nina and Mico around 7 as they were off to do some scottish dancing for breast cancer awareness. Mico wanted to stay at the bar and drink whiskey, but I am confident that Nina made him dance!! lol.

The Sunday morning was an early rise.

Mad Dom was doing the 10k Nike race and I had promised to go and support him. Not having had much sleep the previous few days meant that just when I could have continued sleeping, the alarm woke me up! I think they call it ‘Sod’s law?’ Anyway, got down to Hyde Park on what was an absolute corker of a beautiful day - couldn’t have been better conditions. And although I was hanging around for an hour or so, the park was at its best. The autumn trees were stunning, the sky was a Barcelona blue and I got to see the Princess Diana Memorial monument, which I have to say was absolutely diabolical and the most unflattering tribute to such a magnificent Ambassador to this country. It also pisses me off to find out that we get an American to design it! I have nothing against Americans or their design, but why can’t we have someone from our country representing this? Grrr! It was a good opportunity to ring my sister and speak to her and my niece, Emily, who was 8 that day.

The race was great to watch. A stream of red shirts just covered the landscape and it looked great. So many people took part and I hope to do it next year. After the race, a very sweaty Dom and I went to Nottinghill for lunch. Mexican tapas – very nice! We then headed home which took a while as the Northern line was still down. But it meant we got to go on the train and tram and bus! Have never used so much public transport before!!




When we got home there was a note from Dale saying he would be back to get his stuff, check your email and a cheque will be in the post. Dale has left the building!

I am angry and upset with him because I feel he has taken everything suggested in the wrong way and turned it into a guilt act for me and Dom. I have enough to deal with, without having to worry about another person – although this is now the case. Although he tells me not to worry, I don’t know where he is staying or when/if he will be back. I feel he has taken a fantastic opportunity and thrown it away – or perhaps runaway? He is my little bro, and I do not want to lose him. I know this can be sorted but he needs to start taking responsibility for himself.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home