I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Our last weekend away for awhile



Looking after guests in my late stage of pregnancy was quite tiring and so I decided that Dom and I were to go away for the weekend for one last relaxing time before Megan arrived. He said he would surprise me but that night he couldn't contain his excitement and I couldn't wait til the weekend.
Lacock Abbey

So we went to Lacock Abbey, where the BBC drama adaptation of Pride and Prejudice was filmed - you know, the bit where gorgeous Darcy is coming out of the lake.....anyway it was absolutely beautiful. As was the village. Unfortunately, Camilla's daughter had decided to get married here on the same day and so the police were out checking for bombs etc. Finding somewhere to eat was a little difficult too because of all the press. Still, a kind landlord took pity on a pregnant lady and made up a table just for us!! Next thing I know there is a week old baby down by my side in a car seat - oh and wouldn't you know it, the next thing I find is the baby in my arms, while its daddy is offering sound advice to Dom!
Typical house in the village of Lacock

After visiting the Abbey we headed towards the hotel, but stopping at a few villages on the way. In a couple of years time, Dom and I would like to move more to the countryside offering a better way of life for us and Megan. There are some beautiful quaint little villages out there. The hotel was lovely and we walked along the forest trail around the golf course. In the evening we drove in to the lovely town of Cirencester but there was no place to eat. We held our breaths, deeply, and headed into Swindon!!

Now I have never been to Swindon before but had heard lots of interesting things about it......mainly that you want to avoid it if you can - concrete city full of chavs. The rumours turned out to be true!! We finally found a greek looking italian restaurant which was an experience in itself! Nothing ever seems to be straight forward with our outings which helps me to remember the experiences in the long term I guess!!

3 observations were made while in Swindon.....

1. It seems that every other girl there is on her Hen Night.
2. Most of the young women are over weight
3. Alot of Swindon people smoke......are they just bored?


The next day we headed home and spent the afternoon pottering and garderning. It was a lovely weekend and one I will appreciate very much and look back on with a smile. Cause when Megan arrives, that precious time will be even more precious to us.
Dom enjoying tremendously mowing the lawn.

Take care y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home