I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Monday, May 22, 2006

All I can do now is wait!


As from tomorrow I will be 38 weeks pregnant. As of this last week Megan is regarded as safe for delivery. There are five weeks now when she can be born safely. I feel she will be with us within the next week.... there are so many signs! Because of this, Dom got a little panicked and realised that we had to sort the nursery out ASAP in case she does arrive soon. So a few hours of DIY and the room is complete. Shelves are up, cot assembled and changing table ready to take dirty bums!

(As Megan hasn't arrived just yet, Dom has had to improvise a changing nappy demonstration using Grommit the dog!)

I have been very lucky with the people around me of late. I have started making friends at my ante-natal swimming classes and at the usual,boring antenatal classes. My neighbours have been gems too, particularly Bernice, who has four boys of her own. She customised the Ikea drawers below, by painting them with Winnie the Pooh icons, and in each drawer there was a gift! She is the kindest person and sometimes I feel she is used by other people in the neighbourhood because she is too good to say 'No' to them.

So this could be my last post before Megan arrives. Who knows? I will keep you posted.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dom said...

Can't believe you didn't photograph the shelves I spent so long assembling and putting up!!! Lol.

12:26 pm

 
Blogger Mischa said...

Good luck my dear - I hope everything goes well with the delivery!

3:03 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

Thanks Michelle. I am going to need all the luck I can get! Thanks for being so supportive this last year.

7:15 am

 
Blogger dtr said...

Wow, i don't think i've ever seen anyone so happy to change a nappy as Dom looks in the picture - the perfect father/husband!
The nursery looks great.
Good luck and congratulations!

4:41 am

 
Blogger jsm said...

Happy "almost" Birthday, Megan.

4:12 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home