I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Feeling alone and then there's fate

I am starting to think that there isn't alot keeping me here in Portsmouth anymore. By that I mean friends. Of course my family are here, but where ever I am I would make sure I saw them regularly. I do feel alone right now. Dale has gone away for a week, so I have the house all to myself which is a good test on my independance - and cooking for one.

But it's more than that. All my friends are moving away, or on, or are just too busy. I miss Dale. I miss Ulri. I miss my very close friends. Helen has come into my life and I am thankful for that. In fact, just when I thought I'd be alone tonight the little angel invites herself round with a bottle of wine. I do like it when things like this happen. It's like someone doesn't want me to feel bad. God knows I have felt enough of that recently anyway. Helen doesn't want to be in Portsmouth anymore either. It's like we have outgrown it. However, I do like being by the sea. Everytime I come back from visiting London, I get off the train and breathe in the sea air. There is nothing like it. The views are spectacular and I couldn't imagine life without it. I have taken to going down to the seafront lately aswell. I need to maximise absorbing it, if I am to move away. Hey, might suggest to Helen that we take the wine down to Southsea common with a picnic blanket. Good idea.

I do have lots of washing to do and plenty of DVDs to watch. But, the beautiful sun is beckoning. It's an opportunity not to be missed. I sit in artificial light all day and I am 2 minutes from the ocean. How bad is that!

Well, I feel better knowing that I won't be alone now. Funny how things work out.

Take care y'all

Theresa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the exact same feeling, Theresa - great minds think alike. There's nothing really keeping me here in Houston anymore - no house, no wife/son, no family - only my job, and that's up in the air right now too.

I'm seriously thinking about moving to New York and finding a job on Madison Avenue so I can be with people who love me and care about me. That's the only reason to live anywhere, isn't it?

5:52 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

That is a good enough reason to move anywhere Michelle. I can't believe how alike our situations are.Glad to have your support.

take care

Theresa
x x x x

6:27 pm

 
Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

Girl, you are always there for me which is why i love you so much. Hey, perhaps we could move to Brighton together?

Glad to hear your project is finally coming together as well.

Take care

Theresa
x x x x

10:06 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home