I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Monday off at my sisters. It's time to Kareoke!





Having a day off on a Monday after working a full weekend, doesn't hold much excitement for me! Until I decide to go to Hayling and spend some quality time with my siter Helen, and my nieces, Anne and Emily. It's also a good opportunity to pop round and see my Nan. I walked to the train station and arrived at Havant where my sister picked me up. We had a chilling afternoon, all four of us watching Grease, all four of us knowing all the words. It's a great timeless film. We went and visited my nan in the afternoon. I was pulling faces at my sister while she chatted to nan trying not to piss herself laughing. My nan didn't know what was going on which made it even funnier!

We came home and boogied and kareoked until we could sing no more and then sat down to a fantastic curry my sister had made.
I love spending time with them now. In the last few months I have had more contact with my sister and girls than I ever had before. She is now into MSN too. I can't get her off it and that is after she told me she had no time for trivialities like talking!! LOL.

Modern technology is really helping my relationships!

Take care ya'll

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Stancombe said...

Comment collapsed at your command!

Good to know you are my stand in therapist!

I actually texted Amy this morn saying I was so sorry I had been wrapped up in my own world. I said I thought she was busy, but it turned out that she was busy needing friends and that I had neglected her. I have asked her to call me even if it is to cry with me....

I love your advice. There is a fine line between empathy and sympathy...I just hope I get it right.

Regarding kareoke, this has become a tradition we do when I visit my nieces! Can I sing? MMmmmmm need to ask others that one. I think I am okay, but then we always think we are okay don't we? We sang loads of fab songs. The list is as follows...my voice had gone by horse by the end, but I beat my niece on the score board!! Lol

Pink. Get this party started - rock on!

Sugar babes. Round round.

Scissor Sisters. gonna take your mama out all night. I love, love, love this song! There is such an energy about it. Which reminds me, I need to download it!

I could go on but you get the idea.
Have never done Kareoke outside of the house. Would have to be exceedingly drunk. But hey, if you came to my house party, you could join in!

9:30 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home