I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Busy and fun weekend

On Saturday, I was very fortunate to have got the opportunity to go to the MPH show to see some of the latest cars and of course the guys from Top Gear and Tiffany from 5th Gear. For all the girls out there who know of Top Gear, I am sure you will be mightily envious when I say I saw Hammy, small but perfectly formed, looking as good as he does on T.V. Jeremy Clarkeson looked as fat and ugly as he does on TV but his wit surpasses any of these flaws!!
Richard Hammond on the big screen (Hammy to all the female fans!)


There was an hour and a half show of pure entertainment and then the opportunity to look around at some fantastic classic cars and also the latest models, which I feel are starting to look too similar to each other. My favourite model kept seeming to be the Ferrari, without me looking at the badge!! Boy, do I have cheap taste!!

I have never got excited over cars before....until I saw this old Ferrari. It is stunning.

After the show, because we were not too far from Knightsbridge, and because in all my 33 years I have never been, Dom took me to Harrods. Wow, what a place. I have never seen so many staff. The food halls were just amazing. I was a little shocked to see that four little florettes of cauliflower cost £3.99 - nicely packaged mind you!!!!

We did the really touristy thing and had ham and dill scones with afternoon earl grey tea at an extortionate price! It was delicious and a fabulous experience. Needless to say, I slipped the little glass pot of jam in my bag ready to have with my home-made scones, once I get round to making them!
Harrods looking spectacular with its Christmas lights.

Coming up to Christmas, it is getting extremely busy and the tube entries are being staggered as there are just too many people. So we walked and caught an over crowded bus to Putney and from there a train to Clapham. We vowed that if we had to wait for half an hour for our train home, we would just stay at Clapham junction and go and eat at Northcote Rd. Luckily for me, because by then I didn't feel like cooking, the train was a long time off and so we went and had a Meze in a lovely little greek/cypriot restaurant. By the time we got home it was past 10pm. It had been a very long day for me especially as I still don't feel 100%....although I do have a sexy, husky voice at times!! I bombed out on the sofa to be carried to bed later on.

The next day we bought some gorgeous coniferous plants and annuals for the front borders. I am looking forward to arranging and planting them, it will really set off the front of the house. After shopping we went to Richmond Park. This is a beautiful large park with deer everywhere. It has a long private road that you can drive on. The speed limit is supposedly 20mph but most people seem to do 30. This was my opportunity to get behind the wheel of the car again. For those that really know me, they will appreciate just how much of a significant step this is for me. And I did it!! I still feel very nervous just thinking about it but it felt good to be in control too. With a little time and more practise, my confidence should grow. It helps that I have a very good, patient passenger that knows his stuff and trusts me to do this.

By the time food shopping was done it was evening, and again I was very tired. Settee and TV followed by bed was my plan for the evening. Well I stuck to it, naturally!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dom said...

You did well. Without realising it you're becoming a car nut by the day!

1:52 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home