I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Oooh aaarrrrrhhhhh, mye loverrrrr

Last week we spent some time in Somerset with Dom's parents. It was a lovely relaxing time. Wendy took care of Megan so Dom and I could go and do touristy stuff together, as a couple. On our way too and from Bristol we always pass this wonderful sign. What is it with village names? I am always curious as to how they were derived; after people.... or accidents or drunken slurred suggestions that just stuck!? I know 'combe' means valley as that is now part of my surname... so, But valley??????"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure there are lots of other wierd and wonderful names I've yet to come across on my travels and I look forward to exploring them in the future, as part of a family.

A rare family photo

1 Comments:

Blogger jsm said...

what a good looking family!

5:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home