I think i am doing this to get to know myself better..what I have learnt so far is that my patience is running out!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Surreal weekend

On Friday Dom and I headed for a sleepy village in Wiltshire where a friend and colleague of his had invited us to stay over on our journey to Dom's parents in Somerset. I keep meeting so many fantastic generous and interesting people that ordinarily I would just not cross paths with. But I find myself enjoying their company and really getting on well. Yes they are on another level in terms of wealth and status. But they work bloody hard and are really down to earth. Tim and Marina are so funny too. They have such a great relationship even after 23 years and have so many stories to tell. We are definately visiting them again in January!
Paradise in Wiltshire

Our wonderful generous hosts, Tim and Marina

After enjoying a night in the true countryside we headed for the city of Bristol to catch up with our friends who have recently had a baby. Ester spent half an hour telling me about the pains of her labour and it was all very interesting. Joshua is adorable. He was full of cold but still an angel!

David and Ester with 11 week old Joshua

Dom holding his first baby ever. How sweet is this?!

Surprisingly Dom claims he has never held a baby before yet he is such a natural with Joshua and with my nieces. He will make an excellent father. We headed off to Dom's parents' sleepy village for a nice meal in the local pub followed by a relaxing evening all round. We headed back to Teddington late morning to catch up with Aaron in the pub for a late dinner. It was great to catch up with the cutie. But the weekend had caught up with me and I felt drained. Time for home and bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home